Sunday, April 26, 2009

Losin' it at Disney

I think that except for the display of nations at Epcot, and the independent restaurants (really, "food places" is a better description) at Downtown Disney, all the food served at all the parks is really the same. You can get a pulled pork sandwich, cheeseburger, or chicken wrap anywhere -- at Pecos Bills in Frontierland, or at a refreshmant landing at Epcot. And of course they all come with Fries; occasionally apple slices or carrot sticks as an option. That's a bit unfair, of course, but as a generalization it's valid.

So lots of times I'd order the burger or a salad and leave the bun. And of course, leave the fries to the rest of the family. I did cheat sometimes, having some licorice or granola bar as a snack. But overall I did pretty well, and managed to not gain any weight, staying at 234. For the most part, I didn't feel slighted. But the day after we got home, I turned into a human vacuum cleaner, and ate about four home-made chocolate chip cookies. (Hmm, did that a couple of weeks ago too. Memo to self: when you see the bag of chips on the counter, flee!)

No comments:

Post a Comment