Friday, June 5, 2009

Starting over

I haven't written much the past few weeks. That's because I basically kept "falling off" the diet, getting back into the program for a couple of days, losing it again, and so on. Enough so that for probably a month my weight never got below 225.

It's a real temptation for me, once the weight starts coming back, to admit that the current plan isn't sustainable, it's not going to work long-term, and that once I regain my enthusiasm or find something that works better, or that fits better into my schedule, I'll start over. Until that happens, pound by pound I soon end up back where I was.

I was able to hold those feelings in check this time. Part of the reason was that I find the Atkins plan enjoyable, so I could end up doing one-day-off followed by three-day-on. (I didn't count, but that's what it feels like ended up happening.) As a result I never put on more than five pounds. If I had ever crossed back over the 230 mark, things might have been different.

I've been back on plan for a few days now, and I weigh just a shade over 220. There are a couple of high school graduation parties this weekend, and I really don't want to lose momentum. I'll try really hard to focus on talking with people, and maybe put a couple of bottles of water (and Crystal light:) in the car as emergency rations.

No comments:

Post a Comment