Monday, June 22, 2009

Six weeks, seven weeks, who's counting?

I don't know why, but I am now back on the diet. I never completely left it, it was more of a couple of days on, and a couple of days off. And the off periods weren't horrible, just late-night snacking. I'd eat a couple of Oreo's or home made cookies, a spoonful or two of peanut butter, half a donut, and so on. It even got to the point where I developed a taste for dark chocolate. That's pretty extreme, since I never liked it, only milk chocolate. But now, having been off sugar for so long, I guess my taste buds appreciated the subtlety of the dark chocolate; weird. But I still managed to stay away from the "obvious" carb foods like bread, pizza, pasta.

While I never really gained any weight, I didn't lose any. So after a month and a half, I was still around 222. I will try to be positive about this, and treat it as a learning experience for a life-long eating plan.

After almost a week now, I'm at 216, I think. Or was it 218? It's interesting that I can't remember exactly when I re-started, nor what I weighed this morning. A couple of months ago I was starting to get obsessive about knowing my weight, practically on a real-time basis. Now I don't even know for sure what I weighed this morning! I wonder why? Will things change back after a couple of weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment