Friday, May 22, 2009

Clothing

Around the beginning of the month I bought a two new pairs of pants a couple for my business trip. I had lost around 20 pounds, and figured I was going to drop a couple of inches (40 to 38) off my waist. I was disappointed to find that wasn't the case. While my belts were almost at the smallest notch, I just couldn't fit into any smaller size.

Fast-forward to today. I've lost almost 11 more pounds and the new pants are definitely too big -- even after putting them in the dryer to deliberately shrink them. The belts are definitely at the smallest hole. I no longer need 2XL shirts, just XL. I'm pretty broad-shouldered for my frame, so I don't know if a size L will ever work well, but if it doesn't I'd be quite happy for my shoulders to be the real reason, and not an excuse to hide the real truth: my gut was too damn big.

Wow, more than 30 pounds of me are gone forever. That's weird to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Glad you've been doing so well.

    Just yesterday I was reminiscing about the rapid-weight-loss portion of my journey (five years ago), and how much fun -- but also hassle -- it was to have to keep buying new clothes in smaller sizes. I suspect men's clothes don't generally give the same kind of variety or "shopping pleasure" as women's clothes, though. :)

    ReplyDelete