Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dark chocolate's okay

I never liked dark chocolate, and I'm not too fond of white chocolate. My favorite was always milk chocolate, from the "bland" vending machine candy bars that you find in convenience stores, to the really good, or at least expensive, imported stuff.

But I never liked dark chocolate. In the past several weeks, however, I find that I've developed a taste for dark chocolate. The flavor's more rich, and I suppose there's less sugar. Maybe now I can appreciate the subtlety more? Maybe if I had a piece of Kit-Kat or a handful of peanut M&M's, they'd be too cloyingly sweet.

It's interesting to me that my tastes can change after so many years.

1 comment:

  1. Lindt 85% is your friend - it's even truly low-carb! But it's definitely not to be gobbled; one or two squares is plenty. (If you need something more indulgent, a little bit of Lindt Chili Chocolate -- it's actually spicy -- goes a long way.)

    ReplyDelete